For the first time in the 16-year history of the APE Conference, we will not have a waiting list! APE 2021 will be virtual this year.
We kindly invite you to book APE 2021 for now and later. You will discover an extremely rich program with over 50 expert speakers on such actual topics as:
- Open and Autonomous: the Basis for Trust in Science
The COVID 19 pandemic has demonstrated that trust in science is an important societal resource.
Opening Keynote by Prof. Dr. Dorothea Wagner, Chairwoman of the German Council of Science and Humanities
- Keynote: Reinvention or return to ‘normal’? Scholarly Communications at a Crossroads, by Lauren Kane, President of the Society for Scholarly Publishing (SSP) and Chief Strategy Officer, Morressier
- Keynote: Opening Doors to Discovery. How Partnerships are Key to advancing Science, by Frank Vrancken Peeters, CEO, Springer Nature
- Restoring Trust in Published Research: A Panel with 8 Experts
- A Level Playing Field for the Global South: the September 2020 White Paper
- OA and the Value of Selectivity: the Cost of Quality
- Beyond the Paper, the Data, and then a bit further… the Research Workflow
- Announcement of the OA Switchboard
- Six new Dotcoms to watch: a stellar line-up of start-ups
- Collaborations built on Trust: ‘Subscribe to Open’ and other Collaborations
- Climate Action: Policy, Science and Publishing. What the Data tell us
- The Role of Preprints and Peer Review: the Need for rapid Sharing versus the Need for rigorous Evaluation
- The Fourth Paradigm: Data-Intensive Scientific Discovery. More than 10 years later
The APE Conference has been the first publishing event of the year since 2006. With an independent, interdisciplinary approach and a program that is created by and for the stakeholders in scholarly communications, the APE Conference has – according to the Scholarly Kitchen, “brought together people with varying opinions and perspectives, that are not afraid to share them.” The conference is geared towards open minds.
The APE 2021 Conference will be a virtual conference, which not only allows us to reach more people, but we will also offer very attractive ticket options. The sessions will be live-streamed and will be available afterwards to ticket holders. Our new full sponsor Morressier in Berlin is our virtual conference organizer.
The APE 2021 Program Committee is very proud to present the FINAL Program, which can be viewed here: APE 2021 – Program