Save the Date: 3 to 4 December 2020!
The Frankfurt Book Fair New York is pleased to launch our first Frankfurt Academic Conference, which will take place online in December 3 to 4 2020 and address how publishers and academic libraries work together in Europe and North America.
Date: December 3 to 4, 2020
Time: 3:00 to 7:30 p.m. Central European time (GMT+1)
Conference Topics and Speakers
Under the theme “A New Era for Academic Publishing in Europe and the US,” our program will look specifically at academic libraries and publishers in both North America and Europe to draw similarities and differences. Within that framework, the conference will look at how open access is transforming publishers and libraries, as well as how to strengthen engagement online.
International experts will give insights and discuss current trends and developments in the international academic publishing landscape.
Our speakers include:
- Peter Brantley, Director of Online Strategy at University of California, Davis Library
- Michelle Claussen, Key Account Manager at Frankfurter Buchmesse
- Sven Fund, Managing Director at Knowledge Unlatched
- Benjamin Johnson, Head of Communities & Engagement at Springer Nature
- Joachim Kindler, Director Business Development at Frankfurter Buchmesse
- Ann Okerson, Senior Advisor on Electronic Strategies at CRL
- Dirk Pieper, Deputy Director at Bielefeld University Library in Germany
- David Worlock, Co-Chair, Leadership Programs at Outsell Inc.